Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Duke Travel Clinic

          If you're going on an out-of-country trip, check out the Duke Travel Clinic.  It's housed in the Duke Urgent Care South on Fayetteville Road in Durham.  I filled out a preliminary application with information about my upcoming trip to Zambia, my medical history, and shot record.  I faxed the information a couple of weeks ago.  When I arrived for my appointment today, a packet was waiting for me with travel information and suggested vaccinations.
           A doctor and a P.A. met with me and very carefully explained what shots and medicines I would need.  A nurse then administered two shots (Hepatitis A & B and a polio booster).  I was also given some pills for typhoid and prescriptions for Cipro (for traveler's stomach) and an Epi-pen.
           The information packet is very helpful, although a little overwhelming.  It informs about ALL risks involved in traveling to Zambia and how to take precautions.
            Other than a couple of sore arms tonight, everything's OK after the travel clinic visit.  I have to have two more Hepatitis A & B shots before I leave.




          This is today's Greek lesson:  John 3:16!

No comments:

Post a Comment