Sunday, May 26, 2013

US Dollars and Zambian Kwacha

          The Zambian currency is the kwacha.

 
 
 
        As of 5/27/13 (it's already Monday in Zambia), the exchange rate for one U.S. dollar is about 5200 kwacha.  That means the coin pictured above is worth about 20 cents.



        Sherri tells me the best way to handle my money is to use a debit or credit card in an ATM in Lusaka.  Apparently the banks there charge high service fees.

         Dustin said I won't need much money while I'm on campus.  The school is providing food and lodging.  He did say I might want to have some money on hand to pay somebody to iron my clothes each week!

          Here is your Greek lesson for the day.  First, second, third person/masculine, feminine, neuter, singular/plural personal pronouns:



       

No comments:

Post a Comment