Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Greek 3

        Yesterday I completed the syllabus for my Greek 3 class and sent it to Dustin for his critique.  He made some good suggestions.  This morning I edited the syllabus and sent it to Dr. Lameck Banda, who is the Dean of Studies at JMTUC.  Completing the syllabus gives me a sense of relief and encouragement.  I can now begin to plan more carefully how to present the content of the chapters in the Greek grammar.  Dustin tells me I will have twelve students in my class.

       Here is some information from the class syllabus:


Course Description

            Greek 3 builds upon Greek 1 & 2 and focuses on the vocabulary, morphology, and syntax of Hellenistic Greek.  With Greek 1 & 2, the course is designed to equip the student with skills necessary for reading the text of the Greek New Testament.

 3.  Objectives

            At the end of Greek 1-3, the student has basic knowledge of New Testament Greek grammar and vocabulary.  The student is able to discern grammatical and lexical aspects of New Testament texts, and to translate these texts into English.  Students will gain perspective on the use of Greek for teaching and preaching from Scripture.  These objectives are linked with the following JMTUC objectives:

1)      To develop and maintain academic programmes of respectable and recognizable quality;

2)      To equip students with professional skills necessary for ministries in church and society.
 
Here is your Greek lesson for today:
 
For a translation, read John 1:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment