Thursday, May 16, 2013

Three Weeks and Counting!

          Three weeks from today I head out on my Zambian adventure.  I fly from Wilmington to Dulles International in D.C.  The flight from Dulles to Heathrow in London will take from 10:30 p.m. - 10:30 a.m. (London time).  I will have a nine hour layover at Heathrow.  The flight from London to Lusaka is from 7:30 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. (Lusaka time).  Lusaka is six hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

           I continue to think about how best to teach the Greek grammar to the students at JMTUC.  It's quite a challenge trying to come up with lesson plans since I don't really know much about their ability level with the language.  My main goal right now is to get a syllabus completed and then work on lesson plans.

           I am using Philippians 1:6 as an inspiration as I prepare for this Zambian adventure:  "I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ."

           Here's a picture of a Greek manuscript.  Fortunately, it's easier to read Greek from a 21st century Greek grammar and Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment