Thursday, June 6, 2013

En Route

         I am writing this from the Atlanta airport.  I was scheduled to fly out of Wilmington today at 12:50 p.m.  I had 4 calls with flight changes before I even left Wallace!  I was originally scheduled to get to Dulles around 5 p.m., with a departure for London at 10:30 p.m.  The changed flights would have me arriving at Dulles at 9:30 p.m.  I would have to change airlines, check in, etc.
          I got to Atlanta around 4:30 and was able to change to an earlier 5:00 flight.  I had to get from concourse D to F and secure a seat.  When I got the gate, the attendant told me the flight was delayed until 5:40!  I just heard a announcement that the flight is now delayed to 5:55!  I guess I'll get there eventually.
           After some discussion at the Wilmington airport, the ticket agent assured me that my one checked bag was checked all the way through to Lusaka.  I hope so, otherwise folks will get tired of seeing me wear the same two shirts for three weeks!  I hope I see my bag in Lusaka on Saturday morning!  At least I don't have to mess with it in London.
           I thought the adventure would begin Zambia, but it started this morning in Wallace.
           Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh air travel! It's so glamorous! ;) Hope you have a safe trip. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete