Friday, June 7, 2013

Greetings from London!

       I got to London/Heathrow about 11 a.m. London time (6 a.m. Wallace time) after an all night flight from Dulles.  I got some sleep on the plane but I'm starting to drag now.  Tonight's flight is at 7 p.m. London time and arrives in Lusaka at 6:15 a.m. tomorrow.  Lusaka is one hour ahead of London, so it will be about a 10 hour flight.
       I had planned to spend this afternoon in Yotel where I could shower and sleep.  Their website seemed to indicate it was located in Terminal 4.  I flew into Terminal 5, so I took the shuttle to Terminal 4, only to find out Yotel is located outside the airport.  That would have required leaving through immigration and coming back in the airport.  There were hundreds of people in the immigration line, so I scrapped that plan.  Back on the shuttle to Terminal 5 where I'm biding my time, trying to learn how to use Skype (anybody know why Nancy can see my video image but I can't see hers?), and eating lunch.
         I've emailed with Dustin some today.  He said the Lusaka airport is very small, so we won't have any problem making a connection.  In fact, he said I would probably run right into him!
         I'll be glad to finish tonight's leg of the trip, but it's interesting to people watch and to listen to the different languages all around me.  Being in airports is always a humbling experience for me.  I think about how God created all of these people!
         God bless all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil, welcome to global travel & all of its glory. I feel for you in so many ways. Ask Nancy to Skype locally w/ someone she can talk to on the phone. Typically video failures are local (is her camera on?) Will check w/ her tomorrow to see if I can help. Hopefully you en route to Lusaka now. Safe travels & look forward to reading about your trip. God Bless, Lee

    ReplyDelete